Using real hair extensions is a beauty trend for women in Africa and Europe without bleaching, coloring, and styling. So, what are the most popular real hair extensions these days? What are real hair extensions made of? What distinguishes each real hair extension? Is the cost of real hair extensions high or low?
What are real hair extensions?
Hair extensions are additional parts to real hair to create a different look. Therefore, real hair extensions are additional hair products made entirely from human hair, not synthetic hair.
Real hair extension is a procedure of grafting real hair onto a person’s natural hair to lengthen it according to the demands of the buyer.
What types of hair are real hair extensions made from?
Real hair extensions are produced mainly from two types of hair: virgin hair and remy hair. Below we will learn about both of these hair types
4 types of real hair extensions
Real hair extensions are very diverse in style and color with 4 main types of hair extensions: Raw hair extension, Tip hair extension, Tape hair extension and Weft hair extension.
Raw real hair extension
This is an extension that has not been machined or processed in any way. It is just virgin or remy hair that is tied up in a bundle and delivered to the customer. When they receive the goods, they will process and design them themselves. The customer of raw real hair extensions is usually the European market.
Tip real hair extension
This is the most diverse type of real hair extension compared to the other hair extensions. There are many types of tip real hair extensions like I tip, flat tip, U tip, V tip and nano tip.
- Cold fusion methods are for the I tip and flat tip. To style your hair, all you need is a fine comb, a pulling needle, rings, a ring axe, and I or flat tip hair.
- The U tip and V tip are hot fusion procedures, so heating equipment is required to melt the keratin and connect it to your hair.
- The nano tip is the most popular real hair extension because the little ring provides better comfort.
This type of real hair extension can last anywhere between 14 and 16 weeks.
Tape real hair extension
Tape real hair extensions are the most time-saving real hair extension and easiest to install.
- It only takes 30 to 90 minutes to have completely new hair.
- To use a tape real hair extension, simply remove the tape from the extension and attach it to the hairline.
This real hair extension can last from 6 to 8 weeks. You can then replace it by replacing the tape on the extension. However, this also depends on whether the hair is properly cared for or not.
Weft real hair extension
This is a type of real hair extension that requires meticulousness and professionalism of the hairdresser. Because you need to curl your real hair neatly, then you will sew the weft hair extension on your real hair directly. Moreover, the process of sewing hair also takes quite a lot of time.
Prices of real hair extensions
The price of each type of real hair extension will depend on two factors: the quality of the hair extension and the type of real hair extension.
- Quality hair extensions: There are 2 types of hair used for real hair extensions: virgin and remy hair. Virgin hair is the most expensive and quality hair type.
- Types of real hair extensions: There are 4 types of real hair extensions such as Raw hair extension, Tip hair extension, Tape hair extension and Weft hair extension.
Below is a general price list for real hair extensions
|$136 – $997
|$200 – $400
|$300 – $900
|$200 – $600
How to take care of real hair extensions?
To keep our real hair extensions beautiful, we need to note a few things to take care of real hair extensions
- Avoid lying on real hair extensions: Lying on real hair extensions will make your hair tangled, so it will become more difficult to take care of your hair. Before going to bed, you should remove the real hair extensions or tuck the hair extension in a towel to secure it.
- Wash your real hair extensions with conditioner and shampoo: You should refrain from washing your hair for 24 to 48 hours after applying real hair extensions. Shampoos and conditioners containing sulfates and silicones should be avoided since they dissolve adhesion at the joint. Before going to bed, make sure your real hair extension is totally dry.
- Avoid using hot devices on real hair extensions: After applying real hair extensions, avoid using hot devices such as dryers and hair styling appliances, as they will dry and frizz your real hair extension.
5S Hair Factory: A reputable vendor of real hair extensions in Vietnam
5S Hair factory is a factory with more than 30 years of history and great achievements in the hair industry. 5S Hair factory is proud of 100% Vietnamese virgin hair with high quality and a variety of styles. 5S hair products include virgin hair extension, remy hair extension, clip-in hair extension, tip/tape hair extensions….